RSLogix Help

pmartino

Hi, I'm new to RSLogix having taken over control of some of our apps from a guy that left the company. I'm a C/C++ guy. Anyways I have a simple question... I'm trying to edit a value in a data file in RSLogix, specifically the IP address of the slave PLC.

Basically I can see the data file, click on it... its an RI file which I think is Routing Info. I can see 'Offset, STY, IP, etc.' in the top margin and then 'RI14:0,10,192.55.39.40, etc.' below that. I need to change the IP... if I click/dbl click on it I can't edit it. I can look at the properties but little else. I've checked and I don't believe there is protection on or anything else. I am in Offline mode. Do I have to disable read-only somewhere?? I can edit the Program Files stuff without a problem.

TIA
Paul

I'm going to guess you are dealing with a Micrologix 1100. You need to go to the MSG instruction in your ladder diagram that references RI14:0, double click Setup Screen, then goto the Multihop Tab and you should see the IP address and it should be editable there

Post your code if you have any trouble

No problem, but in the future follow Ken's suggestion and post which processor you are using

There are 3 versions of RsLogix.
5 for the PLC5
500 for the SLC and Micrologix 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1500
5000 for the Controllogix, Compactlogix, Flexlogix, etc

You have RsLogix 500