Ab 1747-uic

Do you have the manual for the 1747-UIC? If not you can download it here:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1747-in063_-en-p.pdf

It does a pretty good job of explaining the setup.

The only gripe I have about the UIC is that if you plug it into a different USB port than the one it was configured on, it may get a different COM port assigned to it. If this happens you first have to check the Device Manager to see what COM port is actually assigned to it, then you need to change the COM port setting in RSLinx before you can use it. Very frustrating!

-John

One thing to watch out for with the UIC: It is for a DH-485 interface only. It has a 9 pin D-sub port on the end of it and that sure looks like it will connect to a serial port using DF-1 protocol, but it wont. It is exclusively for DH-485 connections. So if you want to go online to a SLC5/03 using DH-485, use the UIC. Otherwise, if you are going online thru the serial port using DF1 protocol, you should use a computer with a serial port or a standard USB-serial adaptor and a modem (cross-over) cable.

Do a search on this site, there are lot's of topics on the 1747 UIC.
Look for any reply by Ken Roach like this one. Very good info.
:unsure:
Alaric, I am not trying to confuse the Original poster, but I configure RSlinx as DF1.