ControlLogix/CompactLogix Program Checksum

cawatson

I am looking to be able to programmatically detect a change to several ControlLogix/CompactLogix from a PC-based application. In the older PLC/SLC technologies, there was a program checksum in the processor status file which suited this purpose.

Does anyone know of an equivalent program checksum in the ControlLogix/CompactLogix platforms? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a different way to detect a program modification?

Thanks.

check this from conroller properties -> file

time1.JPG

Yeah, I saw that edit date. The thing that I really need to do is to put that date into some tags in the controller so that a PC-based application could monitor that date. If it changes, then I know that someone has changed the controls program.

In the PLC-5, I could move the checksum into a register (such as N100:0) by this instruction:

MOV S:57 N100:0

Then the PC-based application could monitor N100:0 and look for changes.

So, for the CompactLogix/ControlLogix, I looked at using GSV to try and get the edit date, but it looks like it is only a property of the offline file and is not available in the online controller. Does that make sense?

So, as before, any suggestions would be appreciated.