OT: rant

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
Overall I can be a hard to get along with person online, I know that and attempt to be more congenial.

In real life I an an easy mark, always trying to be friendly and help people because I have been in bad situations myself.

It does not pay to try to help others, its great for them when you help but drop a napkin and you trashed their house or worse.

Why do I keep doing it?

rsdoran said:
Overall I can be a hard to get along with person online, I know that and attempt to be more congenial.

In real life I an an easy mark, always trying to be friendly and help people because I have been in bad situations myself.

It does not pay to try to help others, its great for them when you help but drop a napkin and you trashed their house or worse.

Why do I keep doing it?

You are appreciated here.
You have answered a few of my questions and given me help that way.
You have also given me a lot more help than that, usually because I have read one of your replies to someone else and found that it solved one of my problems or just increased my knowledge.

Just thought I would let you know, and I hope it makes you feel better.

I appreciate that Doug, thank you.

This particular case was far off topic in reality, just a rant for me per se.

At times I flea market, this past weekend I did that and met a couple having problems. They had legally obtained a bunch of young trees, rosemary, pine, etc; around $5-6K worth.

The sales aspect may have taken a week to a month to do, the items were not persihable so time was not an issue. $5-6K in a month is OK money for anyone with no future or regular income. I have been in these situations before so know what it is like to pay $150 a week for a motel and eat...but 150 x 4 = 600, eating is relative, got to do that anyway but add another 600...still got something.

All that said, I offered them a place to stay...will not lie, was thinking I could get 200-300 of the action but was not vital. They sold all the trees to someone for about $600 and I went over to help them find a place to stay. THey did and took them to a thrift store where they found a bed, dresser, and accessories. They went to dollar and grocery store for necessities.

AHHH the last, went to liquor store, went back to place and everyone drinking then I became *****...thought that was always known.

It is overall another life than most of y'all are accustomed too, but it is part of mine, just not sure why I keep doing it.