OT, information density. Another rant.

I agree, Peter. I've had students tell me that my classes are "like drinking from a fire hose". But I figure if I give three times the information and they only absorb half of it they are still 50% better off.

Well, as <some of us> are getting older, we will start to hear from the not-as-older ones (soon to be in charge) that we ('boomers') provide Too Much Information, or that our responses to questions are Too Technical.
It blows my mind to hear this, especially from a paying client...like they want me to dumb down my very clear and complete answer so that they can understand it.
It is just me?

It is just me?

No, even NASA changed to all project presentations were to be on PowerPoint.

This meant a lot of technical information could not be included.

That was determined to be one of the main causes of the space shuttle Challenger disaster. The single fact the rubber oring could not tolerate cold temperature was an omitted fact.

No, even NASA changed to all project presentations were to be on PowerPoint.

This meant a lot of technical information could not be included.

That was determined to be one of the main causes of the space shuttle Challenger disaster.
The Challenger disaster was January 1986.
Powerpoint's first production release was in April 1987. Microsoft purchased Powerpoint in July 1987.
I'm not disputing the fact that more people higher up the food chain at NASA should have been aware of the problems with the o-rings at low temperatures, but it wasn't due to dumbed-down Powerpoint presentations.

The Challenger disaster was January 1986.
Powerpoint's first production release was in April 1987. Microsoft purchased Powerpoint in July 1987.
I'm not disputing the fact that more people higher up the food chain at NASA should have been aware of the problems with the o-rings at low temperatures, but it wasn't due to dumbed-down Powerpoint presentations.

Sorry, Columbia, not Challenger. Shields, not the o-ring

And it was in the report that the PowerPoint requirement caused pertinent info to be omitted.