PATH INFORMATION INCORRECT TIA (ZAP17 file)

Patrick420

I have some programs that i received from 1 of our programmers whos installing a new machine in our plant. He added them to a external hard drive, when I try to open them in TIA V17 I get path information incorrect error. I have tried coping to PC/ putting on the C drive but when i do that and open up tia17 then file open program you cant even see the program at all. I dont know how to switch it from a zap17 to a tia format. If anyone could help that would be awesome. Thanks

It's an archive file. To open this you need to go to file, retrieve and open it that way then it will create a working folder.

In TIA V16 onwards.

There is no retrieve function. Just use open project within TIA and select the .zapxx file you want to de-archive.

can you post a screenshot of the file in explorer vs what you see in TIA?

attached

So i attached 3 photos of me trying to browse,file-open,archived. It will not work nor show up. I am fairly new to siemens most of my experience is Rockwell/allen bradley so forgive me.

File ex.jpg Browse on tia.jpg archived.jpg

So i attached 3 photos of me trying to browse,file-open,archived. It will not work nor show up. I am fairly new to siemens most of my experience is Rockwell/allen bradley so forgive me.

It looks like it's there in the open project dialog? Maybe i'm confused on what the issue is...

Best way to put it is every time i try opening the program it opens it up in PLC SIM when it should be v17. Then i get path incorrect error.

Best way to put it is every time i try opening the program it opens it up in PLC SIM when it should be v17. Then i get path incorrect error.

So you open TIA, go to the open project window, select your zap17 file, and then it opens in PLCSIM instead of Portal? That doesn't seem right.

Either you've got a seriously corrupted install of Portal or there's a step we're missing something. Can you do a screen recording instead of just screenshots, maybe?

Also, Siemens tech support is pretty good (and no charge); you can try them @ 800-333-7421 (or your local distributor). This seems like the kind of thing that would get knocked out quickly with a screen sharing session.