Have anybody used the AB 1756-HYD02 Module

Coachman

Good Morning ,

I am starting a project that would involve the sequencing
of some Hydraulic Cylinders. I have been looking at the AB 1756-
HYD02 module. Have anybody had much success with this module. I
tried to find it at the Automation Fair and could not find it.
I would appreiate it if someone could give me some feedback. I
know Rexroth as some external units that would do the same thing.

Thanks in advance, You and your families have a Great Thanksgiving,

Your request is very vague.

Coachman said:
I am starting a project that would involve the sequencing
of some Hydraulic Cylinders. I have been looking at the AB 1756-
HYD02 module.
People have been sequencing cylinders for years before there were motion controllers. That is a lot of PLC for just 'sequencing' cylinders. If you go to a hydraulic forum you will see there are sequence valves for sequencing actuators.

Have anybody had much success with this module.
Yes, and I know others. They are relatively trouble free and work as advertised. Alan Case on this forum had done a project using HYD02s also. I know many others that have since I am involved in the saw mill industry a lot and there are basically three controllers that dominate that industry. Have you searched the forum for HYD02?

I tried to find it at the Automation Fair and could not find it.
You are right. What was Rockwell thinking?

I would appreiate it if someone could give me some feedback.
I think I can answer your questions if I knew what they were.

I know Rexroth as some external units that would do the same thing.
Note quite. The Rexroth units don't fit in the rack and it would be a lot more difficult to 'sequence' many of them. The 1756-HYD02 and its 'siblings', the 1756-M02AE and 1756-M02AS, all work pretty much the same. They were designed so one could mix, match and coordinate different axis types and still use just one set of motion blocks. Rexroth can't do that. The HYD02 can do anything the other 'siblings' can do within the limits of the feedback devices such as synchronized motion, gearing, cam tables etc.

I can answer your questions if you can be a lot more specific and also tell us what you are trying to do. Otherwise what I say will sound like an advertisement or a manual. What ever it is you are trying to do I bet I have seen it before.