Siemens WinCC add on, PM-Control, anybody used it?

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an application where it looks like PM-Control and PM-Quality might be exactly what I need. But...there isn't any support for these packages in the US. I called Siemens tech support and they have no information on these.

So...has anyone used these packages? How difficult was the setup? Was it worth the cost?

I do like Siemens, I have not used those specific applications, but to me support is everything. We use Wonderware HMI for it's ability to integrate to almost all PLC's as a third party service. I can write HMI's and have IO support to communicate to everything I have had to deal with (AB, Siemens, GE). Their only catch is they charge yearly support renewal per licensing location much like Allen Bradley does. It can get costly, but the ability to build HMI and data communications for nearly any device I choose to use is a big plus to me as standardizing is sometimes hard to do with different firms on different technology stations.

I have an application where it looks like PM-Control and PM-Quality might be exactly what I need. But...there isn't any support for these packages in the US. I called Siemens tech support and they have no information on these.

So...has anyone used these packages? How difficult was the setup? Was it worth the cost?

Those products are really weird. The way I heard it, they are essentially unofficial third party addons, except that the third party happens to also be part of Siemens, or was acquired by Siemens, or something.

I think you can contact the development group for support, but at that point you're tossing emails off to Europe, and have a 5+ hour time difference, and all the troubles that entails.