Anybody used a Rexroth HACD with Devicenet?

ndzied1 - I am triggering block one off the enable input.

Ken - I'll post the files you asked for later today - I need to strip some IP out of the .acd file. Plus I want to review everything after a night's rest. :)

The large value is 1417216833 decimal. No diagnostic values flashing on the SDN, just the node number of the module. I've toggled the bit to put the scanner in run mode and the scan counter is incrementing.

I did play around with more of the explicit messaging and that all seems to work OK. Can send and recieve, and the data matches what I expect.

Ken - I've posted the files. Ignore node 2 on the network as I am working with node 3. The 'transmit buffer' in the HACD is configured to transmit CON1 which is a 4 byte value. If I do an explicit read and scale the value, I get '2' which is what I expect. Local:5:I.Data[0] contains the big value which never changes - even when I manipulate CON1 in th HACD. CON1 is ID #1076 on the parameters tab in NetWorx.

Probably a long shot but one thing I found in the manual is this (pdf page 60):

After successful configuration of the mapping parameters the data has to be written to FLASH for permanent storage in the HACD.

There is a separate menu pick to write everything to the EEPROM. On the main menu bar, under Controller there is a pick for "Set parameter to Memory". This is the operation they are refering to. The menu pick above this "Write Parameter" only writes the parameters to the RAM.

agarb - sent one more PM w/ a question.

ndzied1 said:
Probably a long shot but one thing I found in the manual is this (pdf page 60):

There is a separate menu pick to write everything to the EEPROM. On the main menu bar, under Controller there is a pick for "Set parameter to Memory". This is the operation they are refering to. The menu pick above this "Write Parameter" only writes the parameters to the RAM.

agarb - sent one more PM w/ a question.

The HACD actually prompts for the write to EEPROM before leaving the Devicenet configuration screen.

- Also replied to your PM.

For everybody else, the local A/B distributor guru is coming to help me Monday. After a brief conversation, he is initially blaming the HACD's eds file, so we'll see if he is able to help. If he can't, I'm going to lean on Rexroth distribution for support, or move on and do everything with explicit messaging.

Issue Resolved!

Finally got it working! Correct data now appears in the PLC’s input data table and I can write to the HACD via the PLC’s output data table.

I had been using the explicit messaging and moved on to getting the rest of my HACD operation functional. When it was all working, I downloaded my settings to the other HACD in my system (I have two of them.) Then on the slim chance that it might work with the new card, I added it to the scanlist and automapped the data. Sure enough, when I looked at the PLC data table the second HACD was working and the first wasn’t. More investigation leads me to find a little white RGA sticker on the HACD’s microprocessor. Turns out that the ‘new’ HACD I purchased from my distributor was not ‘new’ but actually one that has been back to the manufacturer, repaired, and then resold to me. Not to mention that it doesn’t have the latest firmware in it. Grrr, now I get to thank the distributor for wasting a day of my time.

Thanks to all those who offered help and suggestions.