TISOFT Set reset bit

karivelm

If I set a bit using SET C, if this bit is used by another function will it be able to go back to '0' value. Or must I absolutely Reset the bit with RST to make it go back to 0.

In my program, the bit will be used by a shift bit function as well as a Set function. So if I set the bit to 1 and then shift a 0 bit in the bit will it be 0.

I am using TISOFT TI505

I THINK it will got to zero. However, the best thing to do is set up some dummy logic, that doesn't have anything to do with your project, and test.

Have a rung that sets a bit, then have a rung that logically clears it, (not a reset).

I suggest you use a couple of timers, so that you can see what's happening.
Have a self resetting timer that sets the bit every 4 seconds. Then have a timer that times when the bit is true, with a preset of 2 seconds. Then If I'm correct, the first timer will set the bit, after 2 seconds, the second timer will clear it, (use the (/) instruction after the timer ),then two seconds later the first timer will set it again.

Sometimes when you're unsure how an instruction really works, you just have to test and see what happens. Then you will always know exactly what's what.