S7-200 that supports MPI

supporter

Hi everyone,

This is probably a dumb question (but I'm not that experienced with Siemens systems). One of our customers claims that there exists S7-200 CPU's that support MPI? We are interested in buying such a CPU (it should have a RTC as well). Any thoughts? Which CPU supports both MPI and RTC?

Thanks!

//Supporter

As far as I know, all second generation S7-200s (S7-22X) are capable of communicating over MPI and have a RTC on board. S7-22X can however only act as a slave on an MPI network, so you'll need at least one S7-300 to take on the role of master on the network.

Kind regards,

As above the 200 needs to be a slave:-

mpi.jpg

Similar Topics

I know that Siemens have their own supports for where the Network/Profitnet cable enters the S7-1200 range, but they don't support standard...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a 222 CPU. I need to recover the program from the eeprom memory. Is it possible?
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
HI i would like to know how to get a variable that will store the amount of times a program has been executed. The issue is I have 3 DBs for 1 FB...
Replies
Views
Hi folk, I would like to know what kind of Parameters should I setup for controlling with Profibus. My old Lenze 8200 motec 0.25kW have a busted...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom