Add Flex node (ControlNet)

mbtoy

We are using CLX5K L63 PLC(v15) with distributed FLEX IO
Is it possible to add New IO Module (New Flex node)
without stopping the controller?

Thanks

Do you mean an entirely new adapter and I/O or just an I/O module to an existing setup?

You can't add modules to an existing setup but you can and a new node to your network depending on what you are using.

What exactly are you trying to do?

No.

RSLogix 5000 version 15 allows creation of I/O connections to 1756-series network bridges (1756-ENBT and 1756-CNB(R)) on EtherNet/IP and unscheduled ControlNet networks while the controller is in Run mode.

It does not support creation of those connections in Run mode to any other platform or device, including FLEX, POINT, or 1771 I/O.

Do you have a ControlNet installation that allows you to connect adapters without disconnecting the trunk cable ?