For Next Help

set-csg

Hi Everybody,

Can you give a specific example on how FOR NEXT INSTRUCTION is use or applied in an industrial setting. I know how these particular instruction operates but I cannot relate it on how this one is applied on actual plant or factory operation.

Pls. help me, if you have a specific program as far as FOR NEXT in S7 200 is concern, that would be find if you can share that to me.

set-csg

Set,

Suppose you had a plant that had 10 storage tanks, each with a level sensor with an analog output. Your HMI screen has room for only one level display at a time. Using a For-Next Loop, you can create a routine that reads the value of each tank and displays it for 5 seconds, then moves to the next tank, until all 10 have been displayed. Then the For-Next loop repeats.

For I = 1 to 10,
Display Tank (I)
If Timer (1) >= 5 sec, then Next I

I will leave it up to the students to fill in the details!

Last edited: