Magelis XBTF to TSX Micro Connection

shady_yehia

Hey guys i need some help here as this is my first time to connect an XBTF HMI to a Modicon TSX Micro PLC and its just driving me nuts..

I got XBTF01110 HMI and TSX3722 and i got the connection cable and everything.. the point is they just don't seem to be seeing each other properly, wheather i try to use UniTELWAY or Modbus protocols..

I think there is something i miss about the unitelway configuration (who is the master and who is the slave), i've been through the manuals and i got the impression that everyone knows something that i don't know..

So please if anybody can help with the configuration or the parameters or whatever vodo i should use to get them working together..

Thanks in advance

Not sure if I can help, but I have an installation where the TSX is setup for unitelway Master, with the HMI also set for unitelway.

Send me the files and I will look at them and see if I can notice anything wrong. Also let me know which cable you are using (part number), and which port you are plugging it into on the Micro.

I found the BUG

Thank you guys very much for your replies.. i am sorry that i didn't respond to any of them any sooner but i didn't get any

chance in the past few days to even check my mail.. so please accept my apologies..

First.. I'd like to say that the situation is resolved and the HMI is working with the PLC with UNITELWAY protocol like a

charm now..

Second.. I want to explain why all this mess happened, and to clarify that nasty BUG which I found in the Magelis HMI

programming software (XBLT1003).. but let's first state few background necessary facts:

1- The XBLT1003 Software identify the PLC address through a screen named "Equipment Symbols", found under the menu "Configuration", the contents of that screen vary according to the protocol choosen (UNITELWAY or MODBUS) at the very beginning of the software as you choose the model of the HMI..

2- If you had choosen the UNITELWAY protocol then the "Equipment Symbols" will contain the following fields with those default values:

Network = 0
Station = 254
Gate = 0
Connection Pt./Module = 254
Reference/Channel = 0

3- If you had choosen the MODBUS protocol then the "Equipment Symbols" will contain one fieldswith that default value:

Address = 1

If I had just choosen the UNITELWAY protocol and changed NOTHING in both the HMI or PLC configuration it would have worked from the very beginning, but unfortionatly things didn't go this way.. Here is what happened and where the BUG appears..

1- I choosed the MODBUS protocol coz i am familier with it and i don't need to go through all that addressing drama the UNITELWAY requires.. for some reason or another it didn't work correctly so i decided to try the UNITELWAY, I didn't make a new file but i just changed the protocol used and that was the mistake..

2- When you change from MODBUS to UNITELWAY, the "Equipment Symbols" screen, instead of showing the UNITELWAY parameters, it
keeps the MODBUS single field "Address = 1" and thats it. Download that program to the HMI and you will see that nothing works (of course after setting the PLC to UNITELWAY master too).

3- After 1 hour of searching for the problem you will feel tired and you will decide to shut the computer down and take a walk or to have a cup of coffee, when you return, you opent the application again and you will look at the "Equipment Symbols" screen and you will find the following amazing scene:

Network = 1
Station = 0
Gate = 0
Connection Pt./Module = 0
Reference/Channel = 0

4- And because you are not familier with the UNITELWAY protocol you will accept with it as this is the default thing and go on trying to figure out the problem.. and there is no way that these fields will get back to the right parameters without starting a new application with UNITELWAY protocol..

And of course, the Manuals of Both the HMI and the MICRO PLC says nothing about HOW TO ADDRESS A UNITELWAY MASTER or a UNITELWAY SLAVE.. I understood the topology of that protocol from the HELP of some OPC server i got..

SO THANK YOU SCHNIEDER PROGRAMMERS, REALLY THANK YOU, BIG KISS FROM ME FOR THE NEW YEAR..

Last edited: