A couple Micro 1000 questions

madohman

1. How do you store a counter value to memory?
2. And does that memory reset after power loss?
3. A counter(as well as a timer) has a maximum value...correct?
4. But does the memory location have a max value?

Here is a quick rundown of what I am doing... We are building a testing station that will run for a month. Opening and closing a door probablly about 3 to 4 times per minute. We have an external counter, but I am also creating a couple of intenal counters as backups. I would like to write those internal ones to memory so they don't get lost if power goes out.

Also, using a timer, I am going to create a clock/timer sort of thing. So that we can tell how long this thing has ran and how long it has sat idle if it times out if some sensors aren't made.

Thanks guys...and I will probablly be asking a few more to go along with these.

All the memory in the ML1000 is retentive after a power cycle. Of course, the logic may immediately change the values when it first goes to program mode depending on the input conditions in the ladder.

The counter (or timer) will keep its ACCumulated value which has a positive limit 32767.

Your integer addresses have a range from -32768 to +32767.

If you want a timer to retain its value without continuing to count time, you can use a RTO timer instruction. This allows you to freeze the timer accumulated value when the rung goes false, and resume timing when the rung goes true again. You can use a RESet instruction in ladder logic to reset the RTO timer back to zero if necessary.