Melsec F-20MR-UL and F-20MR-U1

I am afraid I cannot help with the detail but the F-20 PLC's have been obsolete for many years now. It must be about 15 years since I last saw one and even then it was being replaced with a newer model. One thing to look out for is that you will not only need an F2-20GF1 interface unit to connect to these PLC's but you also need a suitable plug in ROM chip to go with it. It is still possible to find second hand interface units but the ROM cassettes are often missing. The only alternative is to use the hand programmer which was probably used to programme the unit in the first place.
Andybr

F, F1, and F2 are long obsolete. Since like late 80s. You should be looking for FX1S, FX1N, FX2N.

Your PLC has 20 I/O based on the part number. That should have been 12 in and 8 out... You can get that with an FX1S-20MR-ES/UL or FX1N-24MR-ES/UL.

Are there any extensions on this PLC which would need to be replaced as well?

I had a FXos-20MR-UA1 not to long ago and the "UA1" meant that the inputs were AC, That may be the difference between these two ????

He said U1, not UA1, and without an A in it, I doubt it would be AC inputs. All of the catalog info I've looked at shows no U1 or UA1 in that model.

It's been a while since I posted this question. My equipment had the 'U1'. Since then, I have installed the 'UL' and can see no difference in the operation.

Thanks for all of your replies.