how to communicate from plc to pc with vb

mahamadreza

dear freinnds,
i am new to plc,and would like to know how to introduce our output variables of plc to vb.my plc is s7 300.any help is highly appriciated.
mahamadreza

not much information to work with.

do you have any interface software on your pc at all?

one way is to use simatic net and setup an opc server. then you can use something like kepware's opc driver to interface with the opc server.

Hi mahamadreza,
please clerify if u have some application like InTouch or some thing ...or you just want to make your own application in VB to see the data in the PLC. for that i have worked upon, all you need is some OPC server(like one by wonderware) for the specified PLC(s7)...go to http://www.opcfoundation.org/DownloadFile.aspx?CM=3&RI=66&CN=KEY&CI=283&CU=7

get the specification...make a project in VB....get the required data in VB application...its simple like that
'njoy