Unable to Update RSLinx

Martin T.

I have been trying to update my RSLinx from 2.43.10.23(CPR 6) for the last three days. Got a new ML1100 in and can't use it:mad: . Was on the phone with Rockwell for at least two hours to no avail.

I have a 2.50 RSLinx lite disk but every time I go to install it it comes up 2.43 is installing. I have tried to remove RSLinx but in the control panel it doesn't give me the option to REMOVE, I only have Change showing.

I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wits end. Has anyone had this problem? What's the fix? I've even booted up in safe mode but still don't have the Remove button.

did you try to remove from the registry?

there are common files linked to RSlinks you have to delete them all before you install the new one.since you are trying to use micrologix there is hotfix to RSlinx 2.5 (i tried to attach the zip file but there is some problem in attaching) check the rockwell KB for the following documentation
"Catalog Number:
DocFullNum: R143736143
Revision:2.50.00.20 (CPR 7)
Fixed in Revision:
Package:
Module:

Is RSLinx running as a service, if so stop it
Go to Rockwell software/Rslinx/Launch Control
RSLinxService.jpg

Run 2.50 setup - it will say 2.43, select "uninstall" or "remove" - I don't remember
After uninstall finished, reboot, start 2.50 install again - it will do it.

The reason that you see 2.43 instead of 2.50 first time is because it is trying to uninstall 2.43 first.

Contr_Conn said:
Run 2.50 setup - it will say 2.43, select "uninstall" or "remove" - I don't remember
After uninstall finished, reboot, start 2.50 install again - it will do it.

The reason that you see 2.43 instead of 2.50 first time is because it is trying to uninstall 2.43 first.

Thanks that was it.

Man I am feeling really stupid right now, that kept coming up and all I was selecting was modify or repair,o_O

Just goes to prove the older I get the dummier I am becoming.

same issue

i am having something very similar here. I attached the snapshots of the popup messages i got...is any familiar with this??? Please help

Rslinx-1.png Rslinx-2.png Rslinx-3.png