IDEC MicroSmart Petra

G_Robot

I am trying to research this model, and have found loads of info about it but i can't seem to find any downsides to this model, can anyone suggest a website or if you have it yourself can you tell me any problems you have had with it? thanks a bundle.
.g.

Idec Microsmart, and its 'rebadged' cousin, Telemecanique Twido, are a low-cost, low-budget plc. No fancy programming software.

But they are easy to use, easy to program, and comes with a marine certificate (useful for marine projects).

Mechanically they are very cheap, expansioncards 'snaps' on, it works first time, but can not take out and put back too many times...

Modbus and some other goodies already built in.

PLC itself cheap, but programming cables expensive... maybe they make all there profit there...