connecting an op on profibus

Amr Hassan

i am trying to connect a op 270 to a 315-2dp cpu
when i connect the the first inreface (mpi /dp) it works ok
but when i connect it to the 2 nd interface it does not work
note : i am also connecting some drives to this bus

please state the steps to connect the op on this bus

Hello hassan;

Please indicate how the comm port of the OP has been configured, and same for the MPI port of the CPU. If youonly have drives configured on the same bus I do not believe it could be a connection number problem, so ley us eliminate the OP configuration.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Have you actually configured the second comm port? How is the OP and first comm port configured MPI or PB? Are you sure the port settings are correct in hardware the configuration?

For mixed operation of drives and panels on the same Profibus net, you absolutely must integrate the Protool or WinCC Flexible project in the STEP7 project.
And then do check in NetPro that everything is OK, save and compile.

I have seen many cases when the proper attention hasn't been taken with the configuration of Profibus network components , the network still works with perhaps a BF LED on , or the occasional hang up .
As Jesper points out , it is most important to ensure that everything is properly configured .