let live or kill version 16 of ControlLogix ... ASAP

abaig

Dear All,

In one of the projects at my company we require to use custom logic blocks or user defined instructions as demanded by our client.
This will be the first time we will be incorporating ControlLogix Revision 16 :-s . So before starting this project on Revision 16 i would like to ask all the folks here if they have identified any bugs or problems in this version.

Kindly put your thoughts ASAP at this blog.

Sincere Regards

ab

I have not encountered any issues with v16. I like it. It has some new features that make programming easier and faster. I especially like the Add-On feature. Now I have an SCP instruction!

rta53 said:
I have not encountered any issues with v16. I like it. It has some new features that make programming easier and faster. I especially like the Add-On feature. Now I have an SCP instruction!
good then !!!
count : 1 vote(s) in favour of V16
0 vote(s) against

I've had Rel 16 running in a few machines and my test bed since it's official release, even updated some of the programs to use AOI's.

Haven't had any issues at all.

rdrast said:
I've had Rel 16 running in a few machines and my test bed since it's official release, even updated some of the programs to use AOI's.

Haven't had any issues at all.
great . thanks.

count : 2 vote(s) in favour of V16
0 vote(s) against

If you need redundancy, then you may need to verify if V16 is redundant compliant. Typically it isn't for a few months after initial release.

abaig said:
great . thanks.

count : 2 vote(s) in favour of V16
0 vote(s) against

Using it for almost a month now with no issues. Nice feature as well is when you compile the application and there are errors, you now have a link to where the error occured.

Ian

OOo!!! Not such a good news ... !!!

I need redundancy indeed. Any one else who has been using R16 for Redundancy kindly share your experience.

Thanks.

Sincere Regards

p.s totals reviews voted in favour : 3
reviews not supporting (due to redundancy issue) V16 : 1

curlyandshemp said:
Using it for almost a month now with no issues. Nice feature as well is when you compile the application and there are errors, you now have a link to where the error occured.

Ian
Thanks for some good info...

have you tried redundancy with Control Logix V16. Kindly add your experience if you had any issue with it.

Thanks

Redundancy FW v16 will not be released until the end of this year. We are 6-9 months away.

They still working to release an update for Redundancy v15, that will support V11 to v15 conversions.
So don't plan on v16 redundancy unless your project is in 2008

Contr_Conn said:
Redundancy FW v16 will not be released until the end of this year. We are 6-9 months away.

They still working to release an update for Redundancy v15, that will support V11 to v15 conversions.
So don't plan on v16 redundancy unless your project is in 2008
Thanks Contr.
We have to deliver the complete SIL2 (processor redundant) solution by Aug 07. So you suggest R16 will be of no help in this case.

Thanks anyways.
Sincere Regards

p.s totals reviews voted in favour : 3
reviews not supporting V16 (due to redundancy issue) : 2

Aug 07 deadline makes your redundancy project in ver 15 only.
All other features in ver 16 work just fine for me.

In the control Logix User Manual Ref Doc : "1756-um001_-en-p v16.pdf" available on rockwell site, it states that Control Logix supports SIL 2 Redundancy.

Any one with an idea to contradict with AB 's Control Logix User Manual please participate.

Kindly add any info about ControlLOgix R16.

Thanks and Best Regards.
ab

abaig,

I think you can forget about the vote count. This is no longer a democratic issue. It's now darwinian. You need a redundant system. Redundancy will not be available on v16 within the time frame you need. The next 100 posts could all sing the praises of v16 and its features so that the final "vote" is 103 to 2 in favor, but that won't make it the correct choice for your particular application.

Note that this post is neither a "vote" in favor of nor opposition to v16.

Last edited: