Let "doff" our hat to these People

Very Interesting. I had most, if not all of the USA Chemical Safety Board videos, but not the Piper Alpha.

35 years ago - 167 Souls were lost on Pipe Alpha (Oil Platform in the North Sea) all due to a failed management system See more information here

Piper Alpha - Spiral to Disaster

As someone that benefitted from the safety improvements that came from this and other events, they're always in my thoughts.

Very Interesting. I had most, if not all of the USA Chemical Safety Board videos, but not the Piper Alpha.

I wish there were more CSB like bodies across the world. I worked for a company (Fortune 500) where the CSB videos are mandatory viewing worldwide. More companies should be like this.

Although I must admit, offshore drilling companies are some of the most open when it comes to safety. It's usually less than a day to get notified of incidents and accidents from competitors so that everyone is kept safe.

The father of a college classmate of mine was senior counsel for Occidental Petroleum in the 1980's, and he spent the rest of his career litigating Piper Alpha claims. My classmate went to law school in Scotland to learn maritime law, and he is now the second generation of his family still litigating Piper Alpha claims.

Even safe ashore developing simple alarm management systems, I think about Piper Alpha and Deepwater Horizon a lot.