Hsc

Hi

Specs:

MicroLogix 1500, 1764-24BWA series B revision A
Processor unit, 1764 LSP series B Revision C
Starter version of RSlogix 500:

Problem:

I have 2 BEI encoders. All I want to do is position comparison.
Both encoders work but when I try and change the input filtering for HSC1 the lowest value is 500us. HSC0 allows a pulse width of 25us.

Everthing I can find to read says that all micrologix 1500 have 2 HSC's with an input ability of 20Khz.

Is the revision I have somehow different? Is the started version of 500 giving me problems?

any ideas?

Thomas

I should have included the version number of my software....6.2

There is a known bug with this software regarding HSC1. The solution is to either upgrade ur software or go the advanced configuration and under "generic extra data config" change the 3 and 4 word to 1.

The default is 5 I think. This setting recognizes a pulse width of 25uS.

U will notice when u move to the embedded I/O configuration that the filtering for inputs 4&5 and 6&7 is now 25us. The choice still does not show up, but it works.