Industrial Flat Panel Monitors

RSL

I am looking for some flat panel monitors. I am interested in both a touch panel and a standard panel. These will be flush mounted in an industrial enclosure. They will need to be available in both 15" and 17". They need to be washdown rated if possible. We do not allow them to be directly hit with a hose by policy, but you know how that goes.

I am looking at viable options to get away from VersaView Industrial Computers. I want a modular system. PC,Monitor, and armored water resistant keyboard. We already have a reliable keyboard/mouse combo that we use. I already have a small pc selected too. I just need to specify a monitor either with or without touch.

I was hoping some of you would have some brand and model recomendations.

Thanks

RSL

You might want to check out SIEMENS SIMATIC PANEL PCs which are awesome.. resistant and attractive. O.S. is Windows 200 or XP professional, both touch panel and membrane keyboard. Screen Sizes from 12.5" to 19.1" TFT.

Recommended products:
Siemens Simatic Panel PC 677 and Siemens Simatic Panel PC 877

http://www.automation.siemens.co.uk/main/extra/literature/files/Automation%20Brochures/Industrial%20PC/Panel%20PCs/2006/6ZB5370-1BF02-0BA9%20-%20Simatic%20Panel%20PC.pdf

I have used these excellent choices and If I had the chance I would go for them again.

Good Luck.

I vote for Siemens as well. I use the 15" touch monitor (no keys on the side) I have had no problems at all. I don't use it in a wash down setting but the front looks sealed very well and does not have any lips that could leak. It is a great looking screen and has VGA and DVI inputs.

Funny I am in the middle of doing the EXACT same thing you are. After spending hours on the net and talking to a few vendors I just received this morning a Industrial screen from Total Control Solutions

http://www.totalcontrolsolutions.com/

I can't say I recommend it as of yet because I haven't even plugged it in, but out of the box it looks like a sturdy unit.