I/O Recording Question

mconner

Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question. Our customer has approached us looking for a device to record 15 discrete I/O signals used to interface two machines. I know we could setup a PLC/HMI to do this, but I think we could do something faster and more elegant with a laptop. I vaguely remember a system that would use a break box and a laptop to record data right to an Excel spread sheet. Anyone remember that type of set-up?

Thanks,

M.C

Similar Topics

Hi everybody, apologies if this isn't the best place to post this question- I'm very new to process automation and so I thought it couldn't hurt...
Replies
Views
I have to rollout a common CLX PLC program to a dozen or more installations, but each installation uses a different HMI front end. Some WW, some...
Replies
Views
Dear all I need help for delta plc programming . I can use DVP-12SE PLC and HMI DOP-B10E615 as they both support ethernet. I am planning to make...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, Many times I will quickly brainstorm an idea on FactoryTalk View , and would like to email it a coworkers , instead of...
Replies
Views
There has been a request for me to setup one of our machine HMI's to record a change in a setpoint. It needs to show what the last setpoint was...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom