braumat step recording question

Hi everybody, apologies if this isn't the best place to post this question- I'm very new to process automation and so I thought it couldn't hurt.

I'm a brewer using a recently implemented braumat v5.3 system. I'm looking for the data that is recorded from each active sequence - presently we use an included "step protocols" utility that retrieves the data. This is very cumbersome and i'd like to make an interface for it.

Does anyone know the method that these data points are stored? from perusing the (badly translated) help files it sounds like they're stored globally in an SQL database but there is possibly capability for local recording, though i'm not certain if it's happening already.

Braumat is a specialized library of function blocks for PCS7.
So I would say that based on PCS7 architecture possibilities, you could definitely get at your data in some fashion but it depends alot on the versions of software and licenses that you have installed.

Your best bet is to contact either Siemens PCS7 in Johnson City, Tennessee for support, or the integrator who put in your system to discuss possibilities.

https://www.industry.usa.siemens.com/TOPICS/US/EN/APACS2020/Pages/ContactInformation.aspxSiemens Johnson City - SIAC
Service and Support
SII Call Center
contact-person.jpg

One Internet Plaza
Johnson City, TN 37604, USA
Tel 423-262-5711 / 1-800-333-7421
Fax 678-297-8316

Thanks very much JRW and hydroguy - it's very encouraging to get a reply from people with expertise, the system is very confusing to a newcomer like me.

Hydro power guy, I will be grilling the programmer, however he had headed back overseas for a few weeks. I will try calling Siemens - I'm not sure if I'd be able to put any money into commercial solutions, also there are tools included with BRAUMAT that seem to be able to access the data quite readily, just not in an intuitive manner. There's one called "step protocols" that handles all records of setpoints and process cells, and theres another called "trending" that shows graphs and trends from batches. Surely there's a shortcut to take the data even from these programs?

I've also wondered if theres a third party software solution ("Plantstreamer" looked promising).. but considering the specialization of the system we have, I'm worried this could be difficult to set up.