Cheap Pa system to use with a c-more

2004sk4

I have been asked to add another audable alarm to a new line. I am basicly down to put a cylinder near a cow bell and pulsing a solinoid. I think the next best thing will be to use the audio output of the touchscreen to a pa system. We would then record voice to alert operators of problem "Your plastic has run out", "Product is stuck", "heat tunnel over temp". "Wake up and do you job"

The line is shaped like a L. i think 4 speaker could cover the area. I don't know the exact power specs of the audio output port I have computer speakers plug in the right now. They work pretty good but defiently not loud enough. The port on the touchscreen is the same as the ones used for headphones you would see on a mp3 player.

What would be the best industrial enviroment(hot) pa system for 4 speaker.

thanks for all you help

I concur, Edwards would probably be the way to go.

Speakers may be a bit of a problem.

Hooking into the plant PA system is probably not a good idea. If you did, then you would want a cut-off switch for the audio, just in case!

If you have warnings (pre-alarms) and alarms, then maybe a bell for the pre-alarms and an alarm horn for the full alarms.

I am thinking more along the line of a hooking a stereo system to the screen. I could use any unit that will feed from a 1/8 stereo plug(on board on touchscreen). I know home electronic aren't suitable for the plant enviroment. I am just wondering if anyone has used the screens options like the way described above

thanks