Rs linx lite Communication

hello guys,

I am new to AB and found the RSLogix English version ( witout the activation )I do have the RSLINX Lite which came with the software, now can anybody guide me as to ,if possible ,how I can connect / view the program in the PLC through RSLINX even when I donot have the activation, is it possible to view other programs in .rss format with this . I hear that for Rs linx lite I donot not need activation.

I have a ML 1000, a step by step guide would be very helpful

I know that you pros have all the answers, would anybody care to guide me ? Thanx in advance

Anshuman

Anshuman,
RSLinx Lite is a communications program, that helps to connect a computer to a PLC. It is not designed to view RSLogix programs. Essentially there is no way to view RSLogix PLC programs without a copy of the RSLogix software. Here is another alternative that allows viewing of the I/O, but not the ladder program:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=29981

You can download a Demonstration version of RSLogix500 for the Micrologix 1000 that allows up to 10 Inputs and Outputs, from the AB.com site. That is your best alternative, if you cannot purchase the RSLogix program.

Here is a link to the free 10-point Micrologix 1000 RSLogix program. It will ask for your username and password. If you aren't registered then you will have to register to continue. Then it asks for your name to "qualify for an update". Since this particular program is free, then you will qualify when you enter your name. You need a high=speed connection to download the program in a reasonable time.

https://shopsecure.rockwellautomation.com/RA/secure/profile/unifiedReg.jsp?myAction=Verify&myFromPage=http://support.rockwellautomation.com/_mem_bin/redir.asp

But do consider yourself warned... That free software works only with one specific model of MicroLogix 1000. If you don't have that particular model, the software will not connect!

You already have Logix, though unlicensed. You would be best served by contacting your AB rep to get that software licensed legally.

Thankyou very much Lancie1 and OZEE for your replies

I wish to know that the software you mentioned, does it have all the instrucions ladder commands etc for programming a ML1000 32 IO and has physical restrictions in IO only ?or it has some limitations in the commands also...I hope I am able to put my question through because ... then I would be able to program offline and get used to the environment before paying for the license ...

Thanks anyway guys ..you are really good !!!

Anshuman

It have all inst supported for ML1000 only thing that it can be used with ML1000 10 pt 1761-L10BXB you can download it.Its a free software

Anshuman,
When you start a new program in RSLogix, you have to select the processor type. The free Micrologix version of the RSLogix program only allows you to select the 10-point I/O Micrologix PLC. Other than that, all commands work, but your program will be limited to using only the 10 Inputs & Outputs. If you try to use other Inputs or Outputs, then when you verify the rung, you will get an error saying "undefined I/O point" or similar.

If you want a program to practice with, buy the LogixPro Simulator program from http://www.thelearningpit.com/. It costs about $30 US, if you download it online. It has most of the frequently used RSLogix commands, plus it simulates running of the program on a PLC.

Last edited:
To program a 32 point ML1000, you're going to need the licensed version of RSLogix. Contact your local AB rep.

The free version is a full-version, but it only works on one specific model of 10 IO.