Speed control

8085 is a microprocessor.i want a program with this microprocessor for motor speed control.

thank you in advance.

Speed Control

Hi manos ,

Is this for an AC or DC drive?? The first place to start with is learning HOW one of these drives work, either AC or DC, depending on your application. There is a LOT of theory behind them. You could probably look at any major drive manufacture's literature. They should have a "Block Diagram" or a "logic diagram" of the major components of what a drive. Do a search on the net for basic theory or try some text books.

I'm no microprocessor expert, but I believe you can program the 8085 in C or C++ or assmebler, etc. You will have to have an understanding about structured programming and I/O interfacing and power electronics. Once you have invested some time learning these basics, things will all fall in place.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

With today's ridiculously low prices for excellent DC drives, why would anyone want to design one from scratch?

My advice would be to check out current product availability and pricing and judge for yourself if it's worth proceeding down the home-made path.

I have to make this program because i have a project for the university!i dont have any other reasons to use it.

With today's ridiculously low prices for excellent DC drives, why would anyone want to design one from scratch?

I can state 2 reasons
To learn
For fun as in a hobby.

Reference the first link I posted above.

With the microcontroller's, I/O module, communication modules etc etc available today it may not make sense in an industrial plant to build your own BUT if you wanted to get on a TV show like Robot Wars http://www.thenewtnn.com/shows/robot/ then you would build more than buy off the shelf.