Read HZ feedback from powerflex 4

poisonfrog

I have a problem in which operators want to view the HZ of a drive that is locked in a cabinet. I want to displaz the HZ on a panelview that is hooked up to the machine. I have a powerflex 4 drive, a panelview 600, and a PLC 5/15. I read that the drive is capable of modbus functions that would accomplish this. We use DH+... Is there a way I can get this done, and if not is there another easy way to display the HZ besides putting a piece of plexi in the cabinet?

Thanks

How is the drive speed being controlled ?

It's not easy or cheap to get a Modbus RTU master implemented on a PLC-5/15 controller. If the PLC is commanding the drive via an analog output, it might be best to display that output value scaled to match the resulting Hz output.

The drive speed is not being controlled by the plc... We just set the knob for the HZ we need. We only send start/stop signals to it.

Thanks