Direct Logic Dl250

DENNISH

MY 1ST EXPERIENCE WITH SETTING UP A REMOTE RACK WITH A DL250 HAS NOT BEEN GOOD SO FAR. I AM USING THE MASTER AND REMOTE I/O MODULES. I APPEAR TO HAVE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE MODULES, OR ATLEAST THATS WHAT THE INDICATING LIGHTS TELL ME. I AM USING A 5 SLOT CPU RACK WITH THE MS MODULE IN SLOT 4. SLOT 1 IS A 16 PNT INPUT & SLOT TWO IS A 8 PNT OUTPUT. IN THE REMOTE RACK SLOT 0 IS THE RSSS CARD SLOT IS AN 8PNT INPUT AND SLOT 2 IS AN 8PNT OUTPUT. THE COMM LIGHTS ARE GREEN ON BOTH CARDS, AND THERE ARE NO FAULTS. I HAVE FOLLOWED THE DEMO PROGRAM IN THE BOOK AND TRIED TO SET UP X40 AND Y40 TO THE REMOTE RACK, THE ONLY DIFFERANCE I SEE AT THIS POINT IS THAT MY CPU RACK HAS EMPTY SLOTS IN IT WHERE AS THE DEMO SHOWS NO EMPTY SLOTS. DO THE EMPTY SLOTS HAVE TO ADDRESSED MANUALLY?? OR IS THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE WRONG??

I don't have the details at hand, but I recall that there are two examples of remote I/O in the DL-250 in the manual. One (the first, I think) works, the other (the second?) doesn't.

I suggest you contact tech support at AutomationDirect.com and see what they have to say. If they can't help or you can't get them, re-post and I'll try to retrieve an old program from my archives where I use remote I/O.