Magelis HMI & GE Fanuc PLC

Schtiel

Is it possible to connect Magelis panel to GE Fanuc PLC using Ethernet? What is necessary to do this? Are there any additional drivers for Vijeo Designer or something like that?

Magelis XBTG to GE

If your Magelis is like the ones I've used in the US, it has a yellow/green sticker on the back that states that you can't use it with a GE PLC or GE Protocols. I've been told, however, by my Schneider Electric guy that there are drivers available, but you have to push a bit to get them to release a copy of them to you.

The Magelis multi-vendor drivers used to be sold separately. You should contact Schneider to buy them. But last time I worked with Magelis (going back about 5 years) the multi-vendor drivers were all serial, only Ethernet drivers were the Modbus/TCP ones.

Well, I contacted Russian Schneider representatives, they answered that it's impossible :(
Anybody has experience in connecting GE Fanuc PLC and Magelis HMI via Ethernet?

As I said in my post, there were no Magelis drivers for that. Only serial communications to anyone other than Modicon equipment.

If they told you it cannot be done, why are you asking the question again?

Crossbow said:
If they told you it cannot be done, why are you asking the question again?
Well, once they gave me a similar answer but I've found the solution on this forum. That's why I am hesitating...

Question: Does Vijeo Designer V4.5 support GE Drivers?

Answer: The GE Drivers is provided as an option to Vijeo-Designer V4.5 and an upgrade reference will need to be purchased.

To enter the Upgrade Reference, the user must register Vijeo-Designer V4.5 first. Once the software is registered, there an Upgrade button available in the "About" dialog box. The user must press this button and enter the Upgrade Reference number.

Source is here.

Has anybody used these drivers?

Does Vijeo Designer V4.5 support GE Drivers?

Answer The GE Drivers is provided as an option to Vijeo-Designer V4.5 and an upgrade reference will need to be purchased.

To enter the Upgrade Reference, the user must register Vijeo-Designer V4.5 first. Once the software is registered, there an Upgrade button available in the "About" dialog box. The user must press this button and enter the Upgrade Reference number.

http://download.telemecanique.com/8...83CE12CEAD1C12573940015228C?OpenDocument&L=EN

What is the upgrade reference number for GE Drivers?