Mitsubishi Help!

Killercal

Mitsubishi serial card (QJ71C24N-R2) in a Q06H PLC communicating with a SICK barcode scanner (CLV45X). I’m having trouble setting up this serial card. Can anyone help me?

I have the serial card manual and set up the card as it was in the manual for the Non procedure protocol. I have set the switch settings in the I/O assignment to communicate via 9600, 8, 1, none. I have the barcode scanner sending out <CR> <LF> at the end of the string to let the card know it’s the end of the string. When I scan a barcode it shows that there is data being processed, but I don’t see anything in the buffer memory. I have tried switching ports on the card, I have switched the cables from the scanner and I’m still having problems. Can anyone help?

Thanks, if there is any thing that I left out let me know and I will answer you back asap.

Wow, so I guess no one has run into this problem before. If you just don't understand what the problem is it's that I can't see anything in the buffers when I send the card a string. Any helpfull info would be nice.

Last edited:
Killercal

The cable between the BCR and the Serial card needs to be Null Modem (The Tx and Rx lines should be crossed over). The Mitsubishi cards also need you to link some of the handshaking pins together in the connector. Yoou will need to check the manual to make sure you have the connections right. Your comms will not work unless you have these links fitted.
Andybr