WinCC Flexible. Need Active-X to view a Image.

smcmanus

I need a simple Active-X Control to diplay an Image on my screen from a file on my hard drive. Any suggestion where I can get one. I thought WinCC would of had one. Thanks.

PS. I need the image to update when the picture updates!

I have used the active x controls from microsoft before, but in GE fanuc - Cimplicity. There should be a image control available. If these controls are not available on the PC/Panel, the microsoft ActiveX control pad can be installed.

Ok maybe I posted a little quick. What is Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad and how would I use it with WinCC flexible?

I have done some playing with Active X controls and WinCC Flexible but I have never needed to use one for a project. Im sure one day it will come up. I would love to see what you come up with for the image update.

Hey Charles. What I did end up doing is using the HTML Web Browser to view the picture on the local disk. I used the HTMLBrowser Activate Event to run the HTMLBrowserRefresh under Keyboard Operations for Screen Objects. Now to refresh this brower I have a tag that on change of value runs a script.

Dim object
Set object = HmiRuntime.Screens("Screen_1").ScreenItems("HTML BROWSER_1")
object.Activate