Controllogix With Remote I/o Adressing ????

mechatronic

Hello everybody, I am new, here and new in the automation area too 3 months off working.

I am having a problem, two guys left a program in my hands to do a start up on next week.

In this project we are changing the PLC-5 for a controllogix, but we are going to use the I/O of the PLC-5 with remote I/O modules.

My question is about how to adress the remote I/O in the CONROLLOGIX, the guys that made the program configured the RIOs rack as a 2-SLOT adressing, and they didn't used the rule (IN card | out card). I looked up in the forum and saw some threads about 2-slot adressing but all off then refers to 16 in and OUT cards, but in my, case they are 8 in and 8 out cards.

I will put the picture of the configuration they did in the program i whant to know if i will have to change the adressing mode they did to single slot or no?

Last edited:
In a word.... NO. If they work on the PLC-5, they will work on the ControlLogix.

If the I/O cards are the old 8-point cards, it was very common to set them up with 2-slot addressing. There is no restriction for which cards are inputs and which cards are outputs as long as they are all 8-point.

Now, if you start adding 16-point cards to these racks, then you must avoid putting a 16-point input module in the same module group as another 16-point or 8-point input module. (Same thing applies for output modules.)

Bottom line, the new ControlLogix program should match the way the racks are currently configured or you will create a whole lot of extra work for yourself.