O.T Portable scope

allscott

After just finishing up lugging our old analog scope out to a machine and fighting with it to troubleshoot a piece of equipment I started thinking about getting a portable Oscope.

To my surprise my boss is in agreement with buying one and doesn't seem to care what it might cost. :eek:

I am looking for a 2 channel unit of about 100MHZ and want one that has recording capabilities.

The two that I have narrowed down to are one of the Fluke 190 series, or an AEMC OX7102 series unit.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with either of these. The only portable scope I have ever used was a Fluke 123 and I am looking for something a little more powerful.

I have the fluke 192. It is a great unit, but the only downfall I find is short battery life. It will still work while plugged in, but you have to know that the scope ground is the same as the 120 v ground, so Fluke reccomends only using battery power while using the scope feature.

Derek

All of our field service engineers are equipped with Fluke 199C scopemeters, and I envy them. The scope always does what they need.

If you want a "serious" scope then the above suggestions are probably good. If you only need something for occasional use and want real portability it might be worth looking at a PC based instrument. I have a couple made by Picoscope and they work very well. The fairly basic specification is more than made up for by the ability to save as many traces as you like and view/analyse data using many different software packages.

Andybr