RS View ME multi state pushbutton.

paulB

I am having veird problem with RS View Me application multi state pushbutton.
When I test run application from the development PC, button is acting as expected: with each click of the mouse value of the tag is changing and appearance (state) of the button is changing.
When this application is running on PV Plus 600, with each touch of the button value of the tag is changing, but appearance (state) stays the same.

Any clue?

PaulB.

Are you sure that the 'Value' and 'Indicator' connections are set to the same tag?

When you press the button, it will index the state of the 'Value' connection but will display the state of the 'Indicator' connection.

multi state pushbutton

Indicator connection is blank. Only Value connections contains tag. But each state has different caption. On the General Tab Next state is based on current state.

The State of the button uses information from the Indicator connection. Set this to the same as the Value connection.

Thank you. I'll try. But according to Help from RS View ME:

Using controls

• If you assign just the Value connection and not the Indicator connection, the button’s pressed state is displayed as soon as the button is pressed. The feedback for this connection is local and immediate. It does not necessarily reflect the Value connection’s value in the data source.

You are right about this. I think I actually misread the question. Oopps.!!

I usually set the Indicator connection to the same as the Value connection so there is true feedback from the data source. If you don't assign it, the button will show that the tag is changing but it won't really be changing in the PLC. The use of the Error state will only have meaning if the Indicator connection is used.

To word your question another way, you are saying that the tag in the PLC is changing but it is not being reflected on the button. Is that correct?

Yes. this is correct. Tag in the PLC is changing but is not being reflected on the button.
I've worked with Rockwell Tech support on this issue. They suggest that I place tag in the indicator connection. I've done this. The problem has moved to another multi state pushbutton which was working fine before. Another suggestion is flash back firmware to version 4.00.09. They saying that on the units with firmvare after 4.00.10 they experience this strange actions. I am waiting on the link to download old firmware.
I'll let you know how it works.

Paulb

The latest version is 4.00.12. Maybe you should see if this revision solves your issue. That way you are working with the latest and not going back to an old revision.

The problem has moved to another multi state pushbutton which was working fine before.

This makes me suspicious that this is an addressing problem and not a firmware bug.

Could you post the *.APA (the Archive file) for your project ? All this guessing and hinting makes it harder than actually seeing the tag and addressing syntax.

I've downgraded firmware version to 4.00.09 as was suggested and problem disappear. I am not sure if later I'll find new problem.

PaulB.