FactoryTalk View SE Multi-state Indicator issue

Chibu

Hi Guys,

I configured some FactoryTalk SE multistate indicators but they only reflect state changes only after screen closure and reopening; also, when I talk them on the Screen they change state/colour.

Any ideas will be appreciated please.

Sometimes screen refresh rate is set too slow, causing no updates unless opening screen. Reduce refresh <1s and try

Hi Guys,

I configured some FactoryTalk SE multistate indicators but they only reflect state changes only after screen closure and reopening; also, when I talk them on the Screen they change state/colour.

Any ideas will be appreciated please.
Touch***

Are these supposed to be multistate Indicators or multistate pushbuttons?

Multistate pushbuttons can have value change based on previous value or previous state. If the indicator tag does not change than the state value won't update properly. Change to a momentary pushbutton instead of multistate pushbutton and do logic in the plc instead of the screen if needed more than one pushed state.

Multistate pushbuttons can have value change based on previous value or previous state. If the indicator tag does not change than the state value won't update properly. Change to a momentary pushbutton instead of multistate pushbutton and do logic in the plc instead of the screen if needed more than one pushed state.
They are Multi-state indicators, I'm wondering why they can't update in real time without reopening the screen; and colour change when touched.

Thank you jholm90,
I mistakenly used Multistate Pushbutton instead of Multistate Indicator.

I appreciate your input.