PV600 to ML1500 via. DNet Assistance

kbradray

I am using a PV600 (Cat. 2711-T6C10L1 Ser. B Rev. C) to communicate with a ML 1500 via DeviceNet. The ML has the 12 bit base module and a 16 bit input module in slot 1 and the devicenet scanner in slot 2. All the current inputs are used and I need to add another button. Is there any way I can use a Bit address or something in the scanner module word for an input? When I set the tag up to toggle a B3:XX address the Panelbuilder program says it is looking for an I or an O address and it will not take a B3 address. Is there any way around this or do I have to add another module.

DON'T buy another CARD!!
You can use what you have. You could have about another 10000 buttons added to your screen with the DN card.
Have you read the DeviceNet card Manual?
Just look at one of the few examples given......

Addresses

I have been reading, but have not discovered any addresses I can use.

The devicenet module is in slot 2 and all of the first 15 bits of word 2 are used.

When I try something like I:2/17 I get an errror in my tag database saying I need to use a bit < 15

Any help is appreciated.
Ken