Siemens MP370 Alarms

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have my project with lots of digital alarms all driven by discrete bits in the PLC. The alarms work fine, How do I assign the acknowledge bits in the PLC?
When I select properties>acknowledgment everything is greyed out and i am unable to enter data.
Also, are the acknowledged bits also byte swapped? (Big/Little endian)

Thanks

Swap is correct. The ack bits must follow the alarm bits in the configuration. If alarms m0.0 to m9.7, then ack bits m10.0 to m19.7.

Hi I am using WinCC Flexible 2005. All my alarms are in a single DB which is just an array of booleans

Last edited:
Assume 16 alarms in DB1 (2 bytes)
Add 2 more bytes for ack bits.
Increase array tag in wincc from 2 to 4.
Alarms are bit 1-16
Ack bits are 17-32

Hi
So if I understand correctly, if I have say, 2 words of alarm bits, I need 2 additional words of Acknowledged bits in the DB.
I have done this but the area is still greyed out. Is the configuration 'automatic'? Are the acknowledge bits ON until the alarm coil goes OFF

Thanks