Powerflex 70 question.

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
I planning on using remote I/O to six powerflex70 drives. My problem is, I can't find an 'enable' input in the manual, which I can use to disable the drive, on an E-stop condition. Can anyone help me to learn how to use remote I/O for drive control, and still be able to drop out the enable on E-stop. I am learning on the fly, in the middle of the project. Thanks for your time.

Page 1-15 in the manual I have talks about Hardware Enable Circuitry. In a nutshell if you want a "software" enable you can configure any of the digital inputs to be the enable. If you want a "hardware" enable then you have to remove the enable jumper "ENBL JMP" and use digital input 6.

Are you using the safe-off option? Depending on your application you may want to consider it.