generating I/O drawings

jamlmath

I have been tasked with finding a program capable of creating an I/O drawing for our(boss and myself) various projects. Doing a bit of research I've found that AutoCAD Electrical is capable of importing spreadsheets and creating I/O drawings for projects. Is this the best we can achieve, or does anyone know of other helpful programs that can create drawings from the project files or some exportable format of them?
-We typically use RSLogix5/5000 for all projects
Thanks in advance!

actually it seems i can export projects to .csv and then use autocad to make the drawing, so i will download a trial and test it. any further advice or suggestions would still be very much appreciated :)

jamlmath said:
Is this the best we can achieve,

As an ACADE user that has used the spreadsheet inport to parametrically create drawings, I can tell you that that best is quite a bit of really good stuff. ACADE can also import descriptions from RSLogix, but since RSLogix doesn't describe the actual device connected to it along with all intermeidate terminals, etc, you are better off to use the Excel import.

You could convert everything to Modicon and use Proworx, which will generate an actual DXF file for every module for you, and if you've taken the time to add the symbol associations into Proworx, it will stick them in as well. But it still leaves out details such as terminals, wire numbers, etc. So I still think the ACADE Excel import is ahead.