TP270 communication with S5

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to communicate a TP270 panel (Siemens) with a S5 135U CPU928B PLC.

The conection I've is like this:

PLC -> Siemens converter TTY/RS232 -> Adapter D25 to D9 -> RS232 cable (also from Siemens) -> Panel

The RS232 cable is plugged to the IF 1A port of the panel (the one with RS232 communication).

But there is no commuication, I can't read or write anything to the panel.

Anyone knows what might be happening?

Juan

Hi

This problem is familiar ... First get the pin lay-out of your cable and match it to the PLC.Is that converter a cable or a black box with external power.The first panel we installed ( OP270) we could not get comms with a converter cable .we then bought a PSM-ME-RS232/TTY converter from Phoenix .This box is active and supplies the voltage( for the milli-amp loop) to the PLC.
The connection on the OP or TP is AS511 on IF1 A .
On the OP/TP you also have to change some settings in control panel
Under transfer check the serial port on channel 1 ( but not the remote)

Hope it helps and don't except a fast screen update .The best we could get is about 3 seconds to update about 20 tags on the screen .If possible group all your tags into one block of 128byte or less.

Eric