Simatic S7-300 Plc

salah

Hello All,
I have S7-300 PLC, CPU type is (CP315-2DP) and order no. is (6ES7 315-2AF03-0AB0). Can any body tell me what is the capacity of its RAM and is it possible to extend the RAM capcity or not.

I could not find the technical specification for this type of CPU in Siemens website, is it possible to have full information about the CPU type mentioned above.

Thanks alot for your help

Salah Gumma
Benghazi/Libya

Hi Salah.

It has 64 kB work memory. You can find it in the HW Catalog in STEP7.
You can insert a bigger flash card, but the work memory will remain fixed at 64 kB.

I think this is already the most important info.

315-2DP_2AF03.jpg

And with this link you should find more info:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=6ES7315-2AF03-0AB0&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=4000024&x=17&y=7

Grtz

My mistake [although I thought this was 2AF03, can be 2AF02];

but most important is that you must keep your timers, FC's, counters,DB's, ... a little in range and that your not so free to number them compared with the 2AG10 series which followed after the 2AF03.

Nevertheless, here a memory view of the 2AF03

315-2DP_2AF03b.jpg

Grtz

Now it is my turn to apologize, djikke.
I dont know what made me think that what you posted was for another CPU. What you posted was correct.
I must be tired.