IDEC Microsmart FC4A

sthays

Hey All -

Hope you can help with a quick question:

I am trying to set up an analog input on an IDEC Microsmart PLC.

It is Analog Module 4, Channel 1.

I have an absolute pressure transducer that has an output of 0 to 10V and needs to have a data range of -4095 to +4095.

So I think I should have the following lines set up:
MOV (W) 0 D827
MOV (W) 0 D828
MOV (W) 1 D829
MOV (W) -4095 D830
MOV (W) 4095 D831

That should set it all up properly, but when I try to put -4095 in the MOV command for word D830, it gives me a "Constant out of range" error.

Does a word (W) need to be a positive number? All my other bits are set up with words. Does this need to be an integer?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Steve

I have used lots of Micro smarts but have never had to configure an analog card.
Call the 800 number...you will find them very helpful.
Good luck

Ok Steve,

The first thing that jumps out at me is that I don't think you load (mov) a value INTO D827. That is a value that is written there by the analog card for the programmer to USE.

If I remember correctly, I used the "integer" designation for the minimum/maximum values. Negative numbers can only be viewed as negative numbers in "integer" mode as I recall.

Hope that helps, if you're still stuck let me know.....I'll load up my last big project and see if I can be more specific. It has analog input and output but it's been several months and my memory isn't what it used to be.............

: )

Stationmaster