I am not getting any output ???

jaymmzzs

Hi there,
If someone might have a few minutes to look this over, I am not getting any output. I have not wired this up, just when i run the simulator I get nothing.

Dont know if i'm using wrong viewers but I cant see anyting on that picture......it is very unclear

Hi jaymmzzs!
Your sent picture has very very low quality and texts isn't readable. Please send it again with higher quality.

One thing quickly.....you should put ur E-stop in series with your maintaining circuit and not in parallel. Otherwise you press the button but nothing stops.

Last edited:
chud said:
One thing quickly.....you should put ur E-stop in series with your maintaining circuit and not in parallel. Otherwise you press the button but nothing stops.
yeah I caught that too...lol

another thing. Line 9,11 and 13 can be one line.If you are going to hardwire this circuit you wont like urself after wiring three identical circuits

..another thing. Line 9,11 and 13 can be one line.
Chud, if the Omron ZEN is being used, then there are severe limits on the number of instructions per rung, so probably cannot do this on same rung.

Jaymmzzs,

If you made a list of how this circuit is supposed to operate, then I could do a better job of trouble-shooting. Some possible reasons that you get no output:

1. Check the pre-set value of Timers T6 and T2. If these timers are set to 0 or some small value, then Motor Dumper Output Q0 will not energize.

2. Your Rung 01 contains seal-in logic for Q0, but as soon as T2 times out, it will unseal and stop Q0. T2 is labeled "Latch Motor Timer", but it actually UN-latches motor Q0 after some T2 time period.

3. It appears that your "Start Packer/Dump" I1 Input is supposed to be a momentary-contact pushbutton (as opposed to a maintained-contact selector switch), but some rung logic may not work with momentary-contact logic. For example, Rung 6 will only seal-in AFTER T1 times out. If I1 is only ON for 1/2 second or less, and T1 is set for longer than 1/2 second, then this rung (including Relay R9 and timer T1) will probably never get energized.

Thanks ,
I will try what you said today.
The circuit is suppose to make my dumper go up/dump and stay up , the packer then will run for 96 seconds, after the packer runs for 96 seconds the dumper comes back down.
this was to work with a momentary switch , but I can change that if the zen will not work with it,.

Jaymmzzs,

The Omron ZEN programmable relay WILL work with a momentary switch.

What I meant was that your particular logic may not work correctly. If you do not hold your finger on the pushbutton for Input I1 long enough for Timer T1 to time out and seal-in, then the dumper motor will not run for any longer than you held your finger on the button. Perhaps you need some method to seal in besides using a timer (unless T1 is meant to be a safety device to avoid starting the Dumper UNLESS a finger is held on the button for X seconds).

What is the history behind this program? Was this a hard-wired relay panel that you are converting, or was this another model PLC that is being converted to the ZEN? In other words, has this "logic" once worked to control the Dumper, or is it new? Can the basic method be trusted (with some minor changes to adapt to the ZEN)? Or must we start from scratch to come up with correct Boolean logic?

Last edited:
This is a new program ,
Normally you turn the switch to the right and the hopper goes up , dumps comes down.
you then turn the switch to the right start the compactor.
BUT we need it to be 1 push button , lifting the dumper, the dumper remains up the compactor runs, the compactor finishes the dumper comes down.

Right now I am only getting Q0 and Q1 to turn on , after T1 times out Q1 turns off and Q2 turns on ,
But then it nevers changes and never shuts off???

Which of these inputs are pushbuttons/selector switches and which are inputs such as "Dumper Up", etc.

For example, on rung 15, if I2 is the actual switch showing that the dumper is physically in the up position, rather than a pushbutton telling it to go up, then your problem would be that you need to use a normally closed I2 rather than a normally open one. The same goes for I3.

Jaymmzzs,

A guess is that the ZEN program that SMOKE done back in Post #36539 has a few errors:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=36539

For example, the original schematic has 3 timers T1, T2, and T4. From the schematic it is impossible to know if these are On Delay, Off Delay, or Recycle timers. SMOKE did tell you that he had to make some assumptions, but you never came back and said if these were correct assumptions or not. Now we know that they probably were not correct.

If I could get the ZEN software again, I would give it a go. I had the demo version, but it has expired. I will enter your ZEN program into the LogixPro simulator and see if I can spot the problem.

Last edited: