Scl 500 RsLogix 500 and rela number

luciopro

good morning,
I have a problem in software Rslogix500.
I use one PLC SCL500 whit processor 5/05
On the rack i have a profibus scanner SSt for connection an external cechweighter.
Thi equipment give an information of nag weight, in real mode, and the scanner put this information on plc in position:
I:9/4 LOW INFORMATION
I:9/5 High information

The date is in real...

I need to rebuild the date on the memory F12:5.

How I can transfering the information from two word in the register????

thank

It depends on how the data is divided. Lets assume the low word contains the first four digits, and the high word contains the rest. Then a value of 51234 would be divided to:
High word I:9.5= 5
Low word I:9.4= 1234

Since the high word begins at the 10,000 place, we first multiply by 10,000, then add the low word. I would use the compute CPT instruction for this:

CPT (I:9.5 * 10,000)+I:9.4 Dest: F12:5

Hope this helps, if you can give the exact format of your data, we can come up with the correct conversion.

Hi Ken,
the exact format of my data is : byte 1-3 :32Bits IEEE754 FLOATING PIONT, high order byte first.

thanks

Use a COP command to move the contents to your float.

COP I:9.4 F12:5 1
As long as I:9.4 contains the high order word then the correct IEEE754 bit pattern will copy to the float. If the bit order is different then you will need to add some instructions to swap around the order of the words before using teh COP instruction.