Rockwell Windows Linked Users in Domain

FKelly

Hi,

I'm a new user to Rockwell and I'll trying to setup a Domain and running into problems.

The history...
The project was initially configured on a standalone server (2003) which had RSLOGIX , RSView32 installed and the security was run from the local directory.

What I did..
I've installed a second machine with Windows Server 2003 and assigned the Active Directory and DNS roles to this server.
I then added the old project server to the new domain.
I ran the Factory Talk Directory Configuration Wizard selecting Network and using the new domain admin account was able to complete this wizard without any errors.

I created some new user accounts on the New Server (Domain Controller)

I then launched the Factory Talk Admin console from the project server and tried to add a Windows-Linked user. When I browse to the domain and press find to list user accounts I get the following error.
"The server is not operational"

Any ideas out there ?

Should I have Factory Talk services installed on the New Domain Controller?

Thanks
Finbarr

Solution

Hi,

I found the answer -essentially the old project server had no DNS settings. I open the TCP\IP config for the nwk card on the old project server and added the new Server into the DNS settings and hey presto it works.

Finbarr