Mitsubishi Q Series data logging

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have been tasked with logging some data.

There is no ethernet card, and the PLC has an E900 HMI attached to the com port configured in transparent mode for programming purposes.

My thoughts are to do a fit an ethernet card and run some type of cheap SCADA to log directly to a SQL database.
I need to log a timestamp plus 4 fields when an event occurs. Typical log rate would be 1 every 2 minutes.

Looking for a cheap option, anyone got any suggestions?

Hi,

The cheapest option is probably to use your existing E900, add a trend and connect it to the devices that you want to log. If you need the data to be stored in a database you can use a software called BEDataCollector (or write a similar application yourself using e.g VB or .NET). The DataCollector basically connects to the terminal's built-in FTP-server, downloads the trends/alarms files and add all new samples to the database. You can read more about the DataCollector at Beijer's website. You can also download a demo-version of the software that runs for 10 days with full functionality:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/web/beijer_electronics.nsf/AllDocuments/60ECF928C68FDA13C12570BC005A666B

Let us know if you need more help...
//Supporter

Thanks for the information, I had not heard of this package.

I have approx 30 machines, connected via cc link and i wish to log from the master PLC.
So, if i was to create a trend screen for each machine that was not normally accesible on the HMI but was trending my 4 'status' registers I could log these registers to a database. Presumably I would need to 'name' each trend, and also lay all the trends on a single page

Cheers