S7 Profibus DP Device limit

32 bus attachments max in a segment (a segment being the cabling between a pair of terminating resistors), total cable length in the segment will depend on your bus speed.

If you use MPI/DP interface as DP Master there is a limit of 32 slaves, on integrated DP interface you can connect 124 slave stations.

gregoryg said:
If you use MPI/DP interface as DP Master there is a limit of 32 slaves, on integrated DP interface you can connect 124 slave stations.

Gregory .... did you read the original post carefully? ......

tmccoin said:
......without using repeaters?

Similar Topics

Hi, I am using TIA Portal V18. I have imported a (v5.7) SIMATIC manager project via device proxy. I have created a HMI project (TP700) in TIA...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm rather new to siemens. I have a project were the plc needs to be upgraded, new code, ... The existing hardware needs to be reused...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, How true is PROFIBUS device independence. I have a Beckhoff BK3110 that I will replace with an SMC EX260 and I haven't been able...
Replies
Views
Is there any way to get diagnostics info on device connected over Profinet/Profibus (communication with device fault) from PIW assigned to that...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I have s7-315-2 PN/DP with integrated DP. I have no CP module. PLC should be DP master. ON other side there is basler device DECS250...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom